Late last year we issued a post on key questions we ask our new clients (see below). While all of our clients see and understand the benefits of having their numbers properly managed, it is our new clients (in the last 12 months) that are now experiencing these benefits. The true power of this information on an ongoing basis is now evident to these clients, as we have seen good growth on the top line and more importantly, expansion of their gross margin. We see this as a positive result.
And as a quick reminder the key questions were:
- The top-line numbers we are expecting to hear will be sales and how they compare to the previous year, ie. Are they up or down?
- Gross margin and how this is performing relative to the previous year?
- Operating/overhead expenses – can we explain any significant shift in these under the respective headings?
- Current cash tied up in stock?
- Current debtors position & cash collection target for the coming month?
- Bank position?
- How are we performing with our creditors?
- What are our various tax liabilities?
However, it is our experience that most small businesses cannot answer all or indeed any of the basic questions outlined above, before working with Aurora Accounting & Business Services.
Have a listen to what one of our clients has to say!
We would love to hear some of your thoughts & comments. Please follow us at: Aurora Accounting on Linkedin